IBEC Employment Law App
Sunday, May 15th, 2011
Arekibo is pleased to announce the release of the IBEC Employment Law App and we are especially thrilled that the app, which was released just this week, has already shot to the top of the Irish App Store Reference chart.
Arekibo has been working with IBEC since 2002 and in that time has delivered a number of digital resources for the organisation. From designing the IBEC intranet, its member database, and developing over 20 sector websites Arekibo has worked towards creating a powerful and responsive set of digital resources for IBEC and its 7,000 member organisations.
Most recently Arekibo was tasked with creating IBEC’s first set of mobile apps, for iPhone and Android. The brief for this task asked that Arekibo create the definitive offline reference to Employment Law in Ireland. The app needed to be fully searchable and include a number of reference aids, such as the inclusion in each section of links to related information, the ability to save particular pages to a favourites section for quick access, and touch expandable sections for improved readability. The app needed to be localised for both iOS and Android and Arekibo was careful to adhere to best-practice design guidelines for both platforms in order to provide the user with the most familiar way of working for their chosen device
The the app is part of IBEC’s wider brief for Arekibo to develop and manage the organisation’s on-going digital development. Over the past nine years this has seen Arekibo redevelop the IBEC site, expand its content base, and streamline internal/intranet systems.
The IBEC App
The app provides employers and employees with the latest information on Irish employment law, covering everything from recruitment, annual leave, to pensions. With IBEC’s industry leading knowledge the app is now the indispensable reference to Irish law. It includes,
- Up-to-date and accurate information, including
- The basic entitlements of employees.
- The obligations of employers.
- Name of relevant legislation.
- Recruitment requirements covering contracts, equality and work permits.
- Conditions of employment covering working time, minimum wage, part-time employees and employing young people.
- Leave entitlements including annual leave, public holidays, maternity, parental and force majeure leave entitlements.
- Termination of employment covering discipline, minimum notice and redundancy
- User friendly functionality
- Native iPhone interface
- In-app search with access to IBEC’s leading content
- Bookable favourites for easy retrieval
- Digital strategy integration
- Modern design, consistent with IBEC site.
- IBEC contact resources for Irish and European locations
- IBEC sign-up functionality
Arekibo has been working with IBEC for ten years and we are delighted to take this experience onto the mobile web. You can download the app from the App Store here.